2016 Update: I care more about this blog than I do that "they" can read it, otherwise I'd stop writing it and create a new one. As long as they finally leave me and my little family alone, there should be no problem, even though I requested that they don't read it. Since they have no interest in my writing, I'm probably safe. I hope so hard they will finally respect our wishes of no contact. I care so much about telling the truth and bringing healing. I fought my entire life to bring communication, truth, and healing to my FOO. There's nothing left to fight for so I have given up, at age 59. I can now only bring healing to myself and other survivors through my words. I finally went back to work on my heart-wrenching memoir that I wrote in 2012 that I originally wrote for them as my last Hope of getting my beloved family of origin and relatives back. But, There Are None So Blind As Those Who Will Not See

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Am I Actually Finding The Key To Everlasting Joy?!

This is so interesting to me. Unexpectedly (because I'm still so new to learning my new spiritual practices), shortly after I posted the previous blog post I was OVER IT! I was back to my usual state of peace and joy.

Concurrently, I happened to re-listen to Matt Kahn's recording on how to have everlasting joy! In other words, I was still feeling so depressed so I started listening to it. It was weird because listening to a spiritual teaching when you are depressed triggers your unhappy ego to make stabbing attack thoughts at it and at your own self! Ha Ha!

I had completely forgotten the message of that recording and was dying to hear the secret to everlasting joy! So was my ego! Ha Ha! My ego was telling me whatever it was it couldn't be real or true or I would have remembered it---if it was that great!

But then, after a while, Matt got to the point(!) and he said the words I had heard before but had forgotten but now remembered. Probably because it was so simple of a concept that it seemed unreal and too good to be true.

He said that all we have to do to have everlasting joy is two things:

Ask for what we want
and
Talk about how we are feeling

And by the time I realized I was happy again, I also realized that was exactly what I had done on my blog, and that was why I was in joy again. Do you follow?

Apparently our souls require that we always ask for what we want no matter what. All damn day! To ourselves or to others! It's the ego that only asks for what it wants only if it thinks it's going to get it. Egos won't ask for something they want if they think they're not going to get it. I clearly asked for what I want with my mother, knowing full well it was impossible. But I ASKED. It's not even necessary to ask the person in question (and is a bad idea of an abusive person). It's not about getting what you ask for it's about asking.

Talking about our feelings is very important. No matter what they are. I clearly expressed how I was feeling, didn't I. :)

Good stuff, bad stuff, happy stuff, sad stuff---whatever the topic or the want: Ask! and Emote!

I'm not good at talking about or explaining these things yet, but I "get" it inside.

02_Harmony