2016 Update: I care more about this blog than I do that "they" can read it, otherwise I'd stop writing it and create a new one. As long as they finally leave me and my little family alone, there should be no problem, even though I requested that they don't read it. Since they have no interest in my writing, I'm probably safe. I hope so hard they will finally respect our wishes of no contact. I care so much about telling the truth and bringing healing. I fought my entire life to bring communication, truth, and healing to my FOO. There's nothing left to fight for so I have given up, at age 59. I can now only bring healing to myself and other survivors through my words. I finally went back to work on my heart-wrenching memoir that I wrote in 2012 that I originally wrote for them as my last Hope of getting my beloved family of origin and relatives back. But, There Are None So Blind As Those Who Will Not See

Sunday, September 14, 2014

I Thought I Would Try To Reach Out To My Brother

I was going to send this email to my brother:

  Man up and get your hands dirty, bro. This family needs a kick in the pant​s. It needs Help. It is such an effing mess. You can't see it because you all want to continue to pretend it's all me, that I'm the only problem.

  Because of mom's psychotic behavior, which triggered my Primal Scream, we couldn't even have a conversation. If we could have, it would have resulted in mom getting her way this Christmas. I'll probably never have a family (you all), but I have always wanted my girls to have you, and I still do. We'd all like to have the six cousins reunite and we'd all like to see Anna and Bethany see their Grammy again. It pains me to say that though, under the circumstances, a portion of which I blogged about. Brother, I've been silenced my entire life. I won't be silenced any longer. Period. Let the chips fall where they may. May a Miracle of Love and Healing somehow finds its way to us.


But I sent it to Richard first and he said:

Judy:

Personally, I think it would a waste of time and effort.  He is NOT interested in acknowledging that there is an issue other that "Judy is crazy".  Everyone else has chosen not to deal with the issue and move on with their lives, leaving you broken and suffering.  Unfortunately each time you try to re-connect after stopping contact with them you reinforce their bullshit opinion of you; the on-again, off-again just fuels their perception.  I honestly believe that they don't believe the incest and emotional abuse, or if they do, they feel that you are making it more than it was.  SICK!  In all my dealings with them, they have NEVER acknowledged anything! It was as if it never happened!  Reading your book has opened my eyes to the sick twisted shit and I wish you could just say THE HELL WITH THEM!  You have made a remarkable recovery, you have done SO much work on yourself, and NONE of them were there for you in any of it!
My opinion?  You're better off without them.
Love you


He's right. Wasn't it my brother who recently told me he doesn't care about my illness and it's better to pretend it doesn't exist? That after I had been there for him during his severe cancer scare.

And it's more than them not believing me about the abuse, it's about the abuse never ending to this day.

I'm forced to re-think trying to support my daughters' having a place in my FOOs lives. That hurts a lot. Had I been as awake then as I am now (and I'm not fully awake yet), I would have orphaned myself from my FOO when I first got pregnant 23 years ago.
It's so much more difficult when there is love and abuse in the same package. Had it been only abuse, it would have been easy to walk away.