2016 Update: I care more about this blog than I do that "they" can read it, otherwise I'd stop writing it and create a new one. As long as they finally leave me and my little family alone, there should be no problem, even though I requested that they don't read it. Since they have no interest in my writing, I'm probably safe. I hope so hard they will finally respect our wishes of no contact. I care so much about telling the truth and bringing healing. I fought my entire life to bring communication, truth, and healing to my FOO. There's nothing left to fight for so I have given up, at age 59. I can now only bring healing to myself and other survivors through my words. I finally went back to work on my heart-wrenching memoir that I wrote in 2012 that I originally wrote for them as my last Hope of getting my beloved family of origin and relatives back. But, There Are None So Blind As Those Who Will Not See

Monday, August 6, 2012

My email to my niece

Names removed.


           
            How are you? How’s the baby?

For very important, healing reasons that I don’t intend on burdening you with, or expect you to understand, I’ve chosen to orphan myself for good, hon, from my family of origin. That doesn’t include you, your husband or kids, or my other nieces, or my nephew. I needed to allow enough time to pass before I felt it was appropriate to contact you again. One reason is that I need to ask you not to share my emails with your mother or anyone else I didn’t already mention on my “OK” list. I’d appreciate it if you didn’t talk about me to those I am estranged from also---and that is a huge request that puts you in an awkward position, which is another reason it took me so long to contact you, sweetie. And I say and think ALL of this only with Love. I know what I’m doing and I trust myself, and God, who is guiding me. One day it will all make sense, I promise. It is making quite a bit of sense to my daughters, who are well, and who support me, and feel safe about the whole thing; as sad and tragic as the situation is. So, I’ll leave it to your own heart and discretion what you feel compelled to say, if anything, about me to your mom, etc. I truly don’t want them in my life though, and definitely wouldn’t be OK with them reading my emails to you---not even the generic ones. I don’t want them to know what’s going on with me, and I don’t want to know what’s going on with them. They have their connections with my daughters, and that is a Blessed thing.


I absolutely need this separation from my family of origin in order to heal and to find my happiness. They hardly need me to survive and to be happy! I’m the one suffering the greatest loss here! But, I am finding true inner peace and self love in this choice.


Know deeply that I LOVE my entire family very deeply. It’s definitely not about a lack of Love! Oh contraire! I want only healing and truth and more love between us. But it will have to be on a spiritual level only, I fear.


But I have a story to tell, and tell it I must. I’m writing a book. The book I’m writing is saving my life, dear niece. It will bring full understanding to my daughters when I feel they are old enough to read it, and it will allow them to make sense out of this mess! If it is worthy of publishing (meaning: by publishing it no one gets adversely hurt), then it will help other people like me find their voices. I have already been told by people that I helped them just by telling them about the book I’m writing. Wow.


That’s all I care to tell you about my book at this time. No worries, OK?


Sooo, I know you’re thinking about me, I can feel it! J I’ve always been thinking about you and your little family! I have felt bad for disconnecting from you. Something tells me you understand though. You have a gift for compassion, patience, perceptiveness, and understanding.

You are allowed to ask me questions about the estrangement if you have any, and I’ll do my best to answer honestly.

Oh, I’m pretty sure my mom and sister know about my book because they were sneak-reading my blog when, until recently, I had a blog.


OK, so that’s my belated hello for now! I’d love to hear from you. I continue my focus on healing my health and appear to be making more strides. Yes!


Always here for you if you need anything at all,