2016 Update: I care more about this blog than I do that "they" can read it, otherwise I'd stop writing it and create a new one. As long as they finally leave me and my little family alone, there should be no problem, even though I requested that they don't read it. Since they have no interest in my writing, I'm probably safe. I hope so hard they will finally respect our wishes of no contact. I care so much about telling the truth and bringing healing. I fought my entire life to bring communication, truth, and healing to my FOO. There's nothing left to fight for so I have given up, at age 59. I can now only bring healing to myself and other survivors through my words. I finally went back to work on my heart-wrenching memoir that I wrote in 2012 that I originally wrote for them as my last Hope of getting my beloved family of origin and relatives back. But, There Are None So Blind As Those Who Will Not See

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Twiddling my thumbs

First of all.... too torturous that it's already over 80 degrees inside at 10 a.m. I don't do well in the heat. I'll put the A/C on soon and have to close-up the house. Waah. I'm an open-windows, open-door, fresh air kind of a girl.

The plumber is here fixing a real mess in the adjoining bathroom sinks, and the only place in the house for me to hang-out is at the pc in our makeshift office behind a partition in the living room. Normally, I'd be on "My Throne" -- my bed -- watching TV or reading or writing via my AlphaSmart word processor. I feel out of my comfort zone, and this will probably take hours. He's also got to flush the HALO---the whole house filtration system, and the water heater.

I'm already weary from being up for several hours, and cleaning the house for the plumber. I need to rest, but can't.

So, I'm mindlessly blogging.

Eddie is a really great plumber. He's from the Ukraine. We got lucky when Rescue Rooter sent him to our house one day a year ago to fix a plumbing problem. (We have lots of plumbing problems in this old house that have cost us near $20K in 15 years.) I adopted him as our plumber and request him every time I call RR. He is the sweetest, funniest, most generous man. I tip him $20 each time he performs his miracles on our crazyass plumbing problems. And he always throws-in some freebie of sorts. Today his freebie for us is replacing the corroded sink trap---the one that my ex-husband-to-be ought never have removed! Poor Eddie. He's got a big job snaking out the crud in the pipes, and trying to put back that trap that got damaged when my ex removed it. Must be frustrating for plumbers to clean up other people's messes when they try to be their own plumber! What is actually needed is to tear out the wall and replace the pipes. They are iron pipes connected to brass which causes uber corrosion. They don't use those materials anymore.

This is going to cost us money we absolutely do not have at this time. Tough economic times made tougher by us having to pay a mortgage and a rent on a single income. We're doing the girls college entirely on student loans... that is, until and if they say "No mo money for you!" <gulp>

I've done all my online business for the day: emails, etc. Don't have much else to do... um, unless you consider working on my book something to do! It's funny though, I never compose my book on the pc, only on my Alphie from My Throne. I might have no choice but to try once I get bored here and run out of things to ramble about...

Which appears to be now!