2016 Update: I care more about this blog than I do that "they" can read it, otherwise I'd stop writing it and create a new one. As long as they finally leave me and my little family alone, there should be no problem, even though I requested that they don't read it. Since they have no interest in my writing, I'm probably safe. I hope so hard they will finally respect our wishes of no contact. I care so much about telling the truth and bringing healing. I fought my entire life to bring communication, truth, and healing to my FOO. There's nothing left to fight for so I have given up, at age 59. I can now only bring healing to myself and other survivors through my words. I finally went back to work on my heart-wrenching memoir that I wrote in 2012 that I originally wrote for them as my last Hope of getting my beloved family of origin and relatives back. But, There Are None So Blind As Those Who Will Not See

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Positng this just to post something

I need a blog-fix, have a lot more I'd rather write about, but felt compelled to put this information in my blog because it's important to me. If anyone is reading, it might help someone. This is an email to my Metagenics distributor. Metagenics are high quality pharmaceutical grade supplements.

Yo, girl ~
With all my thyroid troubles all these years, I'm confused as to why you never talked to me about iodine?


I'm still really confused about how to proceed regarding taking iodine of any kind, and if I do, what kind. Dr H, who is my new thyroid doctor never mentioned iodine deficiency as a strong possibility---never mentioned iodine at all. But then, this is the norm for doctors. But she is connected with Dr. Weil so I will have to ask her next time why they don’t address it.
 
 
I ordered a DVD+book about healing the thyroid from Dr. Brownstein's site. If it doesn't get specific enough about iodine (I’m sure it will though), he also has a DVD about iodine, and another about salt. I heard he recommends Celtic Sea Salt, but I don't know. And apparently, it's not easy to test for iodine levels; that they are not accurate. In the meantime, I've been using organic kelp granules for salt.


I'm truly starting to understand though, that my illness never had to progress to the degree it did had an iodine deficiency been addressed immediately 20 years ago when they first gave me Synthroid for hypothyroidism; which made me sicker. I don’t blame anyone though—-they only know what they know.

I notice that I feel better being on the NatureThroid. Even my skin is a little less dry already. I have a bit more energy. The heart palpitations are now infrequent. I’ll be re-tested next month. I worship pigs now. Just joking. But I really do in my heart. Won't eat them no mo.

I'm trying to say, J, that I really do have hope again that I can get better. I have ALWAYS felt like my fatigue was coming from my throat area: my thyroid. But I have never found a doctor who will listen or who can help me. It’s the same ole same ole: you just live by what they say: ‘Take Synthroid, you’re fine.’ It is probably too far gone by now for full healing. And there are only a handful of pwc's who recover from CFS, and if it happens, it happens within the first five years.

I'm not saying that CFS is caused by thyroid problems. CFS is separate. Many pwc's don't have hypothyroidism. Then again, because the TSH, T3 and T4 tests they do on the thyroid are not sufficient, who really knows for sure. Apparently, 19 out of 20 people are iodine deficient---and our thyroids totally rule our bodies. God Bless our thyroid glands! They need blessing!

Hope you are OK. I feel lost without my blog! I have a new one though---I’m anonymous this time and don’t take followers or comments!