2016 Update: I care more about this blog than I do that "they" can read it, otherwise I'd stop writing it and create a new one. As long as they finally leave me and my little family alone, there should be no problem, even though I requested that they don't read it. Since they have no interest in my writing, I'm probably safe. I hope so hard they will finally respect our wishes of no contact. I care so much about telling the truth and bringing healing. I fought my entire life to bring communication, truth, and healing to my FOO. There's nothing left to fight for so I have given up, at age 59. I can now only bring healing to myself and other survivors through my words. I finally went back to work on my heart-wrenching memoir that I wrote in 2012 that I originally wrote for them as my last Hope of getting my beloved family of origin and relatives back. But, There Are None So Blind As Those Who Will Not See

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

I'm Putting Myself To Work


I'm putting myself to work. Instead of working on my work as the spirit moves me, like I've been doing for years, I'm going to work on my work four hours a day M - F. This means to me that I'm taking my work seriously! This means to me that after nearly two decades of not being able to work outside the home due to illness, I now feel like I've created something I can do -- mostly from My Throne (my bed), that is worthwhile. And that if I commit to it I can generate some needed income. Richard has been pulling his weight by himself for long enough working two jobs to support all of us. Our girls are in college (living at home), and I am desperate to pull my financial weight around here and help us get out of a quagmire of debt (we have a high FICO though!), now that I've pretty much finished my major work of raising them! 


I feel better about myself when I'm working. Oh, and I never wanted to apply for disability insurance for lots of reasons. It would have been a fight to get it for one thing. Now I'll be 65 in 6 1/2 years and can collect SS for the jobs I worked from ages 16 - 34. At 34 I immediately quit working just because I became pregnant with our first baby! It was like I was hardwired to be a Stay-At-Home-Mom and it was triggered upon insemination! Then I was stricken with CFS at the young age of 41 and couldn't work if I wanted to. Anna and Bethany were only in kindergarten and preschool, so I wouldn't have worked anywhere but at home anyway being committed to being a full-time mom and loving it.


I'm proud and excited about my new plan born of self discipline, responsibility to my family. And also born of my love for my work: My book, and my Structured Water business. I believe in both wholeheartedly.


I love that since I work for myself I get to choose my own hours! Ain't no way I'm working four hours straight each day, I get to break it up as I please.

Wow, I feel so spoiled!