2016 Update: I care more about this blog than I do that "they" can read it, otherwise I'd stop writing it and create a new one. As long as they finally leave me and my little family alone, there should be no problem, even though I requested that they don't read it. Since they have no interest in my writing, I'm probably safe. I hope so hard they will finally respect our wishes of no contact. I care so much about telling the truth and bringing healing. I fought my entire life to bring communication, truth, and healing to my FOO. There's nothing left to fight for so I have given up, at age 59. I can now only bring healing to myself and other survivors through my words. I finally went back to work on my heart-wrenching memoir that I wrote in 2012 that I originally wrote for them as my last Hope of getting my beloved family of origin and relatives back. But, There Are None So Blind As Those Who Will Not See

Monday, June 15, 2015

I Can See No Reason Not To Tell The Truth About My Drinking --- Especially Given That I'm Re-Embracing Sobriety

Yesterday, a new friend who is now an ex-friend, bullied me about my drinking and shoved AA down my throat even after I told her AA is a bad match for me. (That tends to be the way AAers roll; it's classic Cult mentality.)

She made me want to drink too much, just the way AA always made me want to drink. Until yesterday, I was secretly (except from Richard), drinking moderately occasionally.

Yesterday's drinking was so wrong for me it propelled me into choosing to be alcohol-free again, happily. (So there was a gift in the bullying.)

I've always been my happiest as a Sobrietist. In the past three decades I've been mostly sober. I do go on drinking binges. My last longest alcohol-free period was all of 2012. In 2013 and 2014 I was successfully moderating aprox. once a month. 2015 has been another story for whatever reasons.

I'm tired of trying to be a successful moderate drinker. The Recovery Movement Mentality is not healthy for me, and that includes groups like AA and WFS. I found out the hard way. Over the decades I've been in almost every recovery group created. The worst part about them is how they accidentally teach you to become dependent on them for your sobriety. That's been dangerous and unproductive for me. Quitting an addiction is an inside job and 2/3 of the population quits an addiction on their own. And the "dry drunk" mentality created by AA is a myth. It was created to brainwash people into being dependent on the group. The times I've lived as a sober woman without group support have been the most fulfilling times.

So, I'm writing this with a horrible hangover and lots of guilt for drinking too much. I drank a little more than 1 bottle of champagne... telling myself I was celebrating letting go of a toxic friendship, and also feeling strongly that she made me want to drink.