2016 Update: I care more about this blog than I do that "they" can read it, otherwise I'd stop writing it and create a new one. As long as they finally leave me and my little family alone, there should be no problem, even though I requested that they don't read it. Since they have no interest in my writing, I'm probably safe. I hope so hard they will finally respect our wishes of no contact. I care so much about telling the truth and bringing healing. I fought my entire life to bring communication, truth, and healing to my FOO. There's nothing left to fight for so I have given up, at age 59. I can now only bring healing to myself and other survivors through my words. I finally went back to work on my heart-wrenching memoir that I wrote in 2012 that I originally wrote for them as my last Hope of getting my beloved family of origin and relatives back. But, There Are None So Blind As Those Who Will Not See

Friday, October 9, 2015

Actually, Since Writing The Previous Post, I Did Tweak My Habits A Bit

It does get confusing and frustrating though.
One health expert telling you flax seeds are a must; another telling you they are bad for you.
And the list goes on and on and on of what some say are good for you, but others say are bad;
and I'm talking specifically about what to eat when you have Hashimotos Thyroiditis, and Dysbiosis (gut malabsorption) like me.

Here's a partial list of the foods I'm told to eat AND told not to eat!:


All seeds
All nuts
Just certain nuts
Just certain seeds
All beans
Eggs
Buckwheat
Rice (even brown)
Corn
Certain flours
Almost every fruit
Coconut oil
Many vegetables
Certain meats

See what I mean??

Seriously, I need to hire a full-time kinesiologist who just hangs-out in my house available at all times to muscle-test me on anything I'm about to put into my mouth!

And then there's the supplements question. It's the same story as food.
The absolute latest controversy I heard is that even probiotics are bad for a lot of people with gut issues!! What?!

Most seem to agree though, about avoiding gluten, dairy, sugar, and alcohol, and to limit all starchy carbs.

So, I cut back even further on my gluten, dairy, sugar, and alcohol consumption. And I'm trying harder to remember to take a Digestive Enzyme before my largest meal of the day (different everyday).

Probably soon I'll feel ready to try a new protocol designed by my new endocrinologist, but I'm not there yet. It includes taking a clay supplement!? And other weird things I've never heard of.