2016 Update: I care more about this blog than I do that "they" can read it, otherwise I'd stop writing it and create a new one. As long as they finally leave me and my little family alone, there should be no problem, even though I requested that they don't read it. Since they have no interest in my writing, I'm probably safe. I hope so hard they will finally respect our wishes of no contact. I care so much about telling the truth and bringing healing. I fought my entire life to bring communication, truth, and healing to my FOO. There's nothing left to fight for so I have given up, at age 59. I can now only bring healing to myself and other survivors through my words. I finally went back to work on my heart-wrenching memoir that I wrote in 2012 that I originally wrote for them as my last Hope of getting my beloved family of origin and relatives back. But, There Are None So Blind As Those Who Will Not See

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

I Want My Book To Be A Love Letter To My FOO*

(*family of origin)

How do I do that?

In part, by infusing it with my mandalas.

A mandala is every chapter header.

And I write prose-style so my chapters are super short.

But they pack a punch.

And I swear, the details of the abuses makes it ALL MAKE SENSE; makes whomever reads my book "get" exactly... everything.

And the Whole Thing has the potential to HEAL my FOO and ME. .... (?)

You'll see...

My Power is as a writer.


Here's An Excerpt  (that I rewrote earlier this year, but sadly, have to now rewrite again and take out the happy ending part):



An Intro of sorts



            PK is what people called us preacher’s kids. Pariah---meaning outcast of the family when incest and emotional abuse caused them to basically abandon me when I, probably haphazardly, in my mid 20s, spoke up about it within the family; with the intention of bringing healing to all of us.

            This book is my fight to wholeness and happiness, inner peace and understanding. And on-going forgiveness. It is my exploration through my feelings and my thought processes, and intense conversations and emails with my family; to discover how and if I can achieve reunion with my family of origin, whom I call my FOO. And the subtitle could be, The Truth Shall Set You Free.

            How it, ultimately, was for the purpose of returning me to Self, and  Self Love.

            The book was written during the time I was orphaned with no real hope of reconciling with my FOO. However, I wrote it with the burning desire and aspiration of it bringing us back together. A therapist and an editor who read my then completed book of 200 pages well-meaningly told me it couldn't be done---that it just doesn't happen; that kind of healing and reunion. I ultimately gave up and surrendered to being a forever orphan, wanting only for my book to help others outside my family find personal healing.

            I could not have predicted what miraculously happened for my FOO and me two years after finishing this book; which I then had the joy of rewriting its ending.

...So, you see, sadly, the editor and the therapist were right... so I'll be rewriting this.